Saturday, September 22, 2007

Swimming lessons

And an absolutely lovely swimming lesson this afternoon...

It is such a luxury to be a starry-eyed and fairly ignorant learner. I remain starry-eyed about literature and ideas only I do not really get to be so dramatically inducted from innocence into experience in that realm of things these days! If indeed I ever did...

Lots of work on bits and pieces of breaststroke. Breaststroke kick with kickboard, breaststroke pull with dolphin kick or flutter kick, lots of plunging and undulating, some practicing of fast open turns for front crawl and breaststroke; I even got to do the breaststroke on one of those funny cords where you see how far you can get down the pool. All very gratifying.

I am just in love with swimming...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You were tethered?

Glad you enjoyed the lesson so much!

Pull with flutter kick, you say? Interesting.

Jenny Davidson said...

I was tethered!