Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday run

It is not worth making myself irritable wrestling with the watch-to-computer interface, I cannot get the exact data onto the computer this morning but we will say it was a very nice eight-mile run, around 9:30-9:40 pace...

One unfortunate thing about running is how long it takes to warm up, especially trying for lower-HR runs. The first four miles, I couldn't help thinking that really though I know it is slightly mentally pitiful I do prefer doing the 'long' run with company. It wasn't that I wasn't enjoying myself, it was reasonably enjoyable in some sense, but I just wasn't really in the flow of it. Then around the four-mile mark it all came good (though my hands were remarkably cold by that point, I forgot to wear gloves and was too lazy to go upstairs for 'em when I realized!), the second half was rather lovely.

It's pretty much exactly eight miles if I run down Riverside Drive to 106th St., then over to Central Park and around the full loop once, then back home. This is good, I should make this my mid-week run and then, when it's suitable based on schedule and training considerations, have a longer one on Saturday...

No comments: