Down with a non-acute and yet still pronounced chest cold. Basically I'm looking at a whole week off: I'm going to a wedding in Baltimore over the weekend (first stopping in Philadelphia for Thursday night), and I think it's probably Sunday or Monday anywhere before my lungs are better enough for it to be a good idea to exercise. Unwanted early taper! I think I might do some walking in Baltimore over the weekend, though; it would be useful from the point of view of heat acclimation, as I think it is going to be in the 90s with high humidity (say, 2hr Saturday and 1hr Sunday?). I last exercised on Friday and am strongly feeling the effects of the current deprivation!
Will see how I feel Monday and then decide how to handle next week. I would like to do one long triple workout with all the gear I plan to use before I drop off my stuff for TriBike Transport on the 15th, so that probably should take place on Tuesday (I'm shipping a gear bag as well as my bike, and will send pretty much everything but bike shoes that way so that I don't have to worry about keeping it with me in carry-on when I fly on the 23rd) - I'll seriously curtail the run component if I still feel at all sub-par.
So I think I'm past the worst of it, yesterday was the tipping point, but still definitely full of phlegm! I deduce that a 100-mile bike ride currently puts a significant strain on my immune system (I got sick within 2 days of each of my 100-mile rides), but also that I never got fully better from the first ailment.
(My right-leg chafing is only just now really getting better enough to exercise with anyway, so I pretty much just had to resign myself to the fact that my body was asking for a lot of days off!)
My last long workout pre-race is supposed to be Saturday the 18th, with 1hr swim, 2hr bike and 2hr run, but since I will have already shipped a lot of the specific gear I'm using, it's not the occasion to do one last check on all that stuff!