Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Phew...

I am back in the game! When you are in the habit of exercising regularly, a week without it is bad enough even when you are not obsessively worrying about the consequences of illness and hiatus for your ironman plans....

Lungs still full of phlegm, and I am blowing my nose quite a bit, but really I am enough better to start back up with easy-intensity things. I rode my bike down to Chelsea Piers (slightly nerve-racking to be back on it after a short break, I lose my desensitization to bicycle-related anxiety very quickly) and had a nice easy-effort swim. I'll run for an hour a bit later on this evening once it has cooled down a little (after many days of frigid torrentially rainy conditions it has now inconveniently and unpleasantly surged to 80F).

10 miles easy bike

Warmup: 100 free, 100 IM kick, 100 free, 100 IM drill, 100 free, 100 IM swim

3 x (4 x 50 stroke-free on 1:10), 1:00 set rest: first four fly, next four back, next four breast

3 x 100 drill-swim by 25 (front scull, fists, finger-drag)

1500 yards total

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Jenny Davidson said...

SO glad to be back!!!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!