Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spin/swim!

A bit of a funny day as I was so tired yesterday after Monday and Tuesday teaching that I went to bed around 11 last night, without setting the alarm, and only woke up at 11 in the morning! (Wednesday is my sort of midweek hiatus this semester, with beginnings and ends of weeks more demanding; given the race this weekend, and that I have evening commitments on Thursday and Friday, it was clear that I'd better get what sleep I could.) Was battling inertia, and only managed during the afternoon to write and submit one letter of recommendation I should have done sooner (there is a tenure letter I really need to finish tomorrow, will do some more work on it tonight before bed), but decided it really was a good idea to go to Chelsea Piers for early evening exercise.

The weather is astonishingly lovely just now in NYC! Swam for a bit, then went to 6pm spin class, today taught by Ben rather than Danny. It was very good - a lot of high-intensity work, good for me to desensitize to higher heartrate! And then it happened that this evening was the member appreciation party. I went out to the sun deck and watched the sun set over the Hudson; also, very delicious margaritas (with ginger and kale juice, and a chili salt rim on the glass!), shrimp wrapped in bacon, potstickers, etc. Pleasant indeed (certainly softened the blow of having just coincidentally renewed membership and winced at monthly rate)!

700 yards (100 swim, 100 kick, 100 RaLaCuBa, 2 x 100 drill-swim by 25 [front scull, fists], then 2 x 25 hard on :45, 50 hard on 1:00, 100 moderate

:45 spin with :10, :20, :30 sprints and recoveries

No comments: