Saturday, April 15, 2017

Bike!

The nice thing about this week was that B. was here! (He left this morning, but I'll see him again in a week and a half in Vegas and then for a proper long Cayman visit in May.) The 2 bad things about this week were sore back/hip and decision to write off the May race and instead pursue diagnosis and treatment in order to FIX what has really been an ongoing set of problems; and an also ongoing close family member's health crisis. It is best when this sort of thing is going on to be maniacally busy with work, but unfortunately in this regard I am currently on sabbatical! So yes, it was pretty much a week of languishing, can't remember the last time I was so pointlessly unproductive, but I guess I am ready to un-languish and get on with the next round of stuff. Doctor appointment Thursday, I will consider starting up short runs again based on what he says, but in the meantime I am playing it very cautiously (I think I understand the dimensions of the sore back, but I really am a little worried that the hip might be a stress reaction or similar). Coach David has written up bike workouts - I rode my actual bike down to Chelsea Piers (hahaha, should have pumped tires first, that was more strenuous than it should have been!), then did :40 on a spin bike with 10 x (1:00 easy @ 90rpm, 1:00 fast @ 110rpm). Had nice chats with sometime swim lanemates and 2 of my best powerlifting buddies, so that was good too.

10mi rt bike
:40 spin bike intervals

No comments: