Monday, April 3, 2017

DL!

Finally got myself back to the gym! Feeling exhausted, but it has been too long - I fell into a taxi (really it's the getting there that's been the obstacle, not the thought of the workout itself) and will continue to get there that way as needed. It has always been the one bad thing about Chelsea Piers that it's time-consuming to get to by public transit, and the weather hasn't quite reached cycling range (actually today it would have been OK).

Workout took about :40 minutes - I am only going to lift pretty light till after my endurance event is over, and no squatting I think.

Deadlift work set: 3 x 10 @ 121
Shrugs: 100 @ 27.5 (have lost all calluses and grip feels horribly weak!)
Bulgarian split squat: 3 x 6 (no weight) with 3-second pause at bottom
Back hyperextension (can't remember exact name): 30

And some stretching. I forgot how much I like lifting weights - definitelyl need either weights, yoga or both to complement running, very slow running is not in itself sufficient even if you are doing a lot of it!

No comments: