Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday swim

Hmmm, today's swim was afflicted (just like Tuesday's) by the familiar twin demons of Lateness and Chattiness! I will hope to swim more yards tomorrow. Technique-wise, though, I would say today's session was fairly mindful. TECHNIQUE and ENDURANCE--those really are the only things that matter right now, plus leading into a nice taper after this weekend...

(In the warmup, I am sorry to say, I was pretty much just wrestling with this new pair of goggles I got a couple weeks ago. I regretfully observe that they are just not going to work, I reverted to my old ones...)

Warmup (seriously trimmed down!): 50 free, 100 IM kick, 50 back, 100 free, 50 breast, 100 IM drill

Then 25 x 50, odd stroke (I did back) and even free:

First 5 as 2 kick, 2 drill, 1 swim
Second 5 as catch-up free
Third 5 as 1 kick, 1 drill, 3 swim
Fourth 5 as swim free (the long-axis feel of the backstroke really benefited my free swim by this point, it was good, I was concentrating on what I was doing)
Last 5 all swim

It is not many yards, but it was good, and I will swim longer tomorrow. I am thinking I should probably do another 5 x 500, I will consult with Coach H.

1700 yards total

No comments: