Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Wednesday swim

A good solid workout. The CU gym and pool were closed all last week and over the holiday weekend, so I haven't had a good swim since the race last week.

(Holiday pool closures irk me--that is just when one would be more likely to want to swim rather than less!)

(This workout situation is suited to my skill level, only I very foolishly find that I prefer to be the lowest and most aspirational swimmer on a high totem pole rather than being one of the faster, fitter and more knowledgeable swimmers in--to mix a metaphor--a small pond! Question most often heard: "What is IM again?" Which I am not snobbish about, I have only recently learned all this myself, but I liked the way there were some really fast swimmers at masters swim this spring, I will miss that. On the bright side, I was actually able to swim the whole workout, whereas all spring I would work through about 2100 while the faster swimmers were doing at least 3000 or 3500. I also had the lane to myself; it is not going to be crowded.)

Warmup: 100 free, 100 IM (fly drill), 100 free

4 x 100 as 100 IM, 100 fly drill/back by 50, 100 breast/free by 50, 100 IM

2 x (5 x 50): 1 easy with 5 seconds rest, 1 build on 1:00, 3 fast on 1:30 (did an extra 50 build in there somewhere by accident)

5 x 100 pull, breathing every 7, 7, 5, 5, 3 by 100

Cooldown: 50 double-arm back, 2 x (25 underwater, 100 free easy)

2050 yards

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

My pool was closed on Monday too - gees, don't they know I have a hard enough time of motivating as it is?

Unknown said...

Either situation can be good -- being big fish can be just as helpful as being the little fish!