Thursday, May 8, 2008

Solid Thursday workout

I've been feeling kind of under the weather all week. Some combination of allergies, sleeplessness and stress: queasy and headacheish would be too strong, but definitely under the weather. In fact, the best way of describing it is to say that it is very like the sensation of having smoked too large a number of cigarettes!

So I slightly feel like I copped out in tonight's workout, but I think it was for the best...

30 min. gym bike, 1 mile run on gym track, 35 mins. swim

It was partly a test of triathlon garb--I wore one of the 2 new pairs of race shorts I bought recently (v. good), went straight through in same clothes. (Wasn't logistically an option to do in correct order.) For the swim, I did 100 free, 100 IM as warmup, then about 400 drill, then a (very slow!) timed 500 swim (breathing every three), then 100 drill free and 100 swim free. Call it 1200 yards total.

And now I must rush to an evening work obligation...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good that you got a trial run in!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

TEsting out of the clothing is essential! Especially the sports bra - I am amazed how a sports bra that fits great typically gets almost scandalously stretchy if I swim in it!