Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Short run of minor bliss!

This winter has been thwarting me in my desire to run (really when I am very busy running is by far the most time-efficient form of exercise), but I was determined to get out today at least for a short one. The air is very mild, it is not a beautiful day (overcast and a bit rainy) but it is nice for lungs to get the benefit of spring thaw. Conditions underfoot in Riverside Park very variable - some stretches completely clear, others with thick carpet of ice and slushy snow (not horrible, but you have to go quite a bit more slowly), and then one very treacherous slick of black ice in the tunnel down to the water. I have a lot of stuff to do, so I turned back rather earlier than I had imagined - was just coming up on a very snowy stretch as I started to feel antsy about getting on with my day. Lovely, though!

c. 2.8mi, c. 32min

No comments: