Sunday, April 20, 2014

Workout of bliss!

It is absolutely perfect weather today for being outside - low 50s, but sunny and calm, PERFECT! I was a little frazzled/late for outdoor bootcamp class downtown - I forgot how much slower you have to ride on a crowded Sunday path, and then I had the wrong keys (my running keys do have locker and bike lock key, but not the electronic fob for the locked cage), so I had to go up and down and up again, changing into running shoes & dumping stuff in locker and then jogging down to the Charles St. pier, which I realize is closer to a mile further downtown from Pier 60 rather than the half-mile I casually envisioned. But the workout was amazing - we did the usual sort of stuff (walking lunges, box jumps, various plank and pushup variants, etc.), in the most idyllic lower Manhattan setting of utter beauty. Good for the soul to exercise outside!

I have an almost unimaginably vast pile of work to do over the next few days, and it's generally just a busy week, but I think I can shoot to workout M/T/W, Thursday is simply too packed (scheduled with no breaks from 9:30 allergy shots through to a friend's evening concert at Carnegie Hall (!)), Friday probably I'll just be knackered and also busy all day, then back on for Sat and Sun. Two more weeks after that very busy, and then I fly to Israel for a week - I am giving two talks at Tel Aviv University, but otherwise it is really a week of holiday and sightseeing, for which I'm very excited. I should be able to do some runs and I hope swims, possibly even Bikram yoga if I find a studio, but I don't want to count on it being a good exercise week, which means I am really going to try and make the 3 weeks between now and when I leave pretty solid.

10mi RT slow bike
:45 boot camp

No comments: