Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Workout!

Yesterday was a wash - I got a pretty good long night's sleep Monday, but nevertheless & ill-advisedly took two dissertation chapters into bed mid-afternoon to read and woke up many hours and not very many pages later. Then I couldn't go to sleep till 5 in the morning - got back up around 2 and read for a while, then canceled reservation for this morning's fitness class as it was clear I needed to sleep later than 8:30. Fortunately for me the same teacher does a 6:30pm variant today - a corporate event had booked sand volleyball court and there was noone else signed up for the class, so I had the luxury of what was essentially a personal training session! We did a lot of things that are for flexibility and agility as a runner, I am very bad at them and that is why I know they are good for me. Well worthwhile having gotten down there - now B. is here for a week, as of tomorrow, so it is unusual schedule, but it might be I should more often take my gym stuff in a bag with me to afternoon meetings and then get on the subway around 5:30 without stopping at home first. At least that way I can't take a nap! (I do now have all tomorrow's seminar reading still to do, which is not ideal - but the work always gets done, while the exercise does not necessarily...)

:45 misc. flexibility and strength (incl. the dreaded caterpillar walk, which piercingly reminds me of Gerald)

No comments: