Friday, May 30, 2014

Mega-exercise!

Aside from all other good things about it, it was an authentic swim-bike-run day (well, the swim was more of a token, but that's OK). Only problem now is that I still have a full day's work to do - may have to take a nap first!

Went to Viveca's 10am class - it included some of the strength stuff I liked so much the other day, only unfortunately this was adulterated with evil trampolinage! It is possible that I will like it better when I get the hang of it, but really it doesn't make much sense to me - may have to find another class to substitute. Then I did a shortened version of my assigned run workout (I got a coach - I am very excited!) - I think I was OK nutritionally and energy-wise to have done more, but I slightly miscalculated the need for transition time, and I had to stop in time to eat something (2 hardboiled eggs and a powerade) before 12:30 spin class. Spin was great - I have taken the plunge and acquired one of the wretched Myzone belts the club has moved to (I liked my Suunto better!) - but good to have the HR data up on the screen in front of the class, it keeps you honest. Then I went to the pool and just had a very quick session of kick - one of the nice folks in spin class had a terrible bike accident last year and has just had shoulder surgery to repair the damage, he is looking at a 20-week rehab and is understandably feeling very low about missing the whole season of racing and having major training deprivation, so I thought that doing a mini-kick thing with some body position thinking would be good for morale. I am not a particularly good swimmer myself but I love swimming and am fascinated by it, so in lieu of better coaches I am always happy to provide advice and thoughts!....

1hr "Precision/Jumpsport"
:35 run/walk - 1mi warmup, then 6 x 100m @ 5K pace, 300m recovery
1hr spin
400 yards swim (150 free, 250 kick)

No comments: