Monday, July 11, 2011

Session #3

Very good. Walked over to the gym, warmed up with a mile jog on the treadmill, then a strenuous hour of mostly lower-body stuff.

(Felt a bit woozy from heat as I walked home - am drinking a huge amount of water now to try and cool back down! It's hotter today than it was the first few days I was back here - 90 degrees, very bright sun, high relative humidity...)

I should have gone swimming this morning, but I rationalized against it: much lightning overnight, didn't want to get stuck having to get out not long after having gotten in. Really I think I was just having the mild bicycle aversion that always creeps up on me when I have not ridden for a number of weeks. But tomorrow I will definitely ride over to the pool early and swim: 'for realsies,' as Brent said when I announced it this morning!

1mi warmup jog
1hr strength

1 comment:

Spokane Al said...

I am reading Hell on Two Wheels and it is a terrific book. I guess at this point my takeaway is to suck it up and quit my complaining.

Next to these RAAM racers, my issues concerning pain and discomfort are very minor indeed.

Jenny, thanks for the recommendation.