Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday swim

I was not full of vim this morning.

Very tempted to stop after 1000 meters, and then again after 1500, but figured the self-reproach I would inevitably feel later in the day if I cut it short was not worth the mild relief of stopping. I am finding it a very unpleasant surprise how intensely and strongly I miss Wendy while doing these morning workouts in the Camana Bay pool; I guess I will get desensitized to this over the rest of the summer, but it was again this morning a swim where I felt that I was on the verge of tears for the whole duration, including after I got out.

On a brighter note: a cute little frog, slightly larger than a hard-boiled egg, mined itself onto the edge of the pool, then itself up to the pool rail when I got closer to take a look; and as I biked out of the parking lot on my way home, I saw what was unmistakably a Cayman parrot flying low through the trees. Despite the name, one does not see these parrots particularly frequently round here, and they are very attractive, so that was a treat.

Warmup: 100 free, 100 IM kick with board, 100 free, 100 IM drill, 100 free, 100 IM swim

5 x 100 as 25 fly, 75 free

5 x 100 as 25 free, 25 back, 50 free

5 x 100 first as 25 fly, 25 back, 50 free, then on the third one I forgot and went from back into breast (autopilot) so I did the last couple as full IM also

2100 meters total

No comments: