Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Good class!

On the last day of my most recent trip to Cayman, I stood slightly transfixed outside the storefront of a new gym that was just about to open up here - the proprietor came out and gave me some information about what they had on offer, and I have been looking rather longingly at the class schedule and hoping I could make the Tuesday-Thursday 6:30am "commando fitness" class part of my routine here.  And it was great - it totally lived up to what I had feared were unrealistically high expectations!  Boot-camp-style workout, in fundamentals not unlike what G. does at the Beast, but with an appealing grid on a whiteboard to structure the whole thing (three columns labeled WORK REST PLAY, four exercises in each column, moving through the grid in different patterns - it had the same corseted feel that I like about a symmetrically structured swim workout!).

I'll spin later this afternoon and Thursday, run for an hour tomorrow morning and Friday and then race at the Stroke and Stride tomorrow evening; bad weather last week means that tomorrow's is the first race in the series.

:45

No comments: