Monday, May 14, 2018

Catch-up

Last week just went crazy on me - I was out too late Thursday at the Fordham eighteenth-century seminar - (very interesting talk, but it went on way too long - moderator didn't seem to notice - it was esp costly as schedule there is drinks at 6, talk at 7, dinner at 8 - we didn't get dinner till close to 9! - NOooooooooooooooo!). so:

Thursday: 1hr as 1:1, 3:1, 1:1 (rinse and repeat) (causing me to muse on how I would have written it as 2 x 4 alternating 3:1, 1:1!)
Friday: ZERO (cost of making the attempt at this #metoo editorial - I had to send it out Friday and our grad student conference started midday)
Saturday: ZERO (still tidying and shopping all morning for evening hosting duties, it was just impossible)
Sunday: YES. Realized that I was desperate for the full hour I'd not had the day before. Did 60 as 3:1 in full awareness that it meant I would probably then need to spend $$$$ on an Uber to get me to my brother's house in NJ in a timely fashion. It all worked well.
Monday: 30 as 1:1. Very nice to be back at it, trip to Austen this week is going to be disruptive but after that I am hoping things are a bit quieter and I can settle back in...

No comments: