Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Tues, Wed

Yesterday was tough: good doc appointment, but she is sure that (not just for now, for lifelong) I should only run 2x week and use swimming, biking etc. for the other days. That's OK but I have been so thoroughly enjoying being a daily runner! Went to the gym later (had to get over the hump) and had a stressful reentry, they're not doing powerlifting at powerlifting any more (I had expected upper body day - but they are not even scheduling it like that any more), did some stretching and foam rolling, took subway home but it was so crowded and with so many delays that I was pretty near total meltdown...

ANYWAY, today is better. Rode bike to and from gym (GOSH that seat is intolerably uncomfortable), did 1hr hot vinyasa class in the fancy new studio, all good.

Sorta on tenterhooks re: various family members' health issues, still finding it hard to concentrate on real stuff I need to do here (may need to do an Ottawa trip sooner than planned), but I think I've found my real subletter, I've got all the student work for end of term and can start grading (won't take long, I have been putting it off needlessly), things should be coming back into normal focus....

No comments: