Friday, November 6, 2009

Short Friday run

Have postponed speed workout - I was too lazy! I just went out and did four miles in what is really the most beautiful running weather - sunny, windy, low 40s. Brisk! The call of coffee and breakfast was too strong for me to think six would be better than four, and that is the call I will now heed...

I would prefer to do my long run tomorrow rather than Sunday, but I'm not sure how sore my legs will be tomorrow morning from yesterday evening's workouts, so I will keep an open mind about whether this is a good idea.

(More pressingly, I have a lot of work to do in the next two weeks, including massive paper-grading and an essay to write - I need a plan!)

3 comments:

Levi Stahl said...

I simultaneously heeded the call of coffee and got in a short run this morning: I ran to a coffee shop to buy a to-go mug I'd been eyeing, and then I took a cup of coffee on the L with me! Perfect! If only all mornings could start this well!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Well, there is something to be said for doing your long run on fatigued legs...

Unknown said...

Both plans and open minds are good ideas!