Monday, July 2, 2012

Yoga meltdown

Ugh, that was the worst.  Too hard and too hot - and did I say TOO HOT?!?  Really I probably shouldn't have done any yoga today, but it is important to keep myself occupied - had intended to go to an early-morning one-hour class, but it's a holiday here, so I ended up in a deadly 90-minute power class that started at 10am. 

My own dread at the notion of 90 rather than 60 minutes should have clued me in that I shouldn't have been there - but for some reason it was just much, much hotter than it even usually is.  (It's always uncomfortably hot, which I don't like but will tolerate if necessary - today, however, was intolerably hot, like Bikram yoga hot.  The lady in front of me left for good after about 50 minutes, muttering unhappily to herself; at least five or six people left the room for a break, and a lot of us had to stop and rest on our mats rather than doing all the assigned stuff.  Possible factors: 10am is hotter than 6am; power is hotter than flow; class right before left ambient heat; hot time of year.  It definitely wasn't just me, I've never seen so many other people there overwhelmed by heat either.)

Ugh, ugh, ugh.  I was especially glum due to the thought that if I was going to be doing something so intolerably hot, I could at least be running, either on treadmill or outside.  I guess if there was any thread of good about going to this class today, it was the fact that I left with the conviction that I should just run outside here, however slowly.  I think I will try to do that tomorrow, if I can tip myself out of bed early enough...

1.5hr horrible overly hot yoga

No comments: