Monday, March 10, 2014

BLISS!

It's complex, often I am simply too tired to claim this chunk of Monday for exercise, but I had a couple blessedly quiet days over the weekend and was able to take advantage of an open slot in my schedule (after dragging myself out of bed for the evilly timed Monday 8:30am meeting that this whole school year has featured for me) to run down to Chelsea Piers and go to Joanna's midday spin. I have an aversion to doing that midday Monday class if I can't either run or bike down - it suggests a high level of mental insanity, but I just get too antsy on the subway feeling guilty about the fact that I'm not working! (It's an hour each way on the subway, so really it is too much time to borrow out of a workday for what amounts to sedentary novel-reading while I am on the train.) After the workout is done, the veins are pulsing with happy workout chemicals, of course, so the trip home doesn't produce the same anxiety....

1hr run (c. 5.3mi), :50 spin

No comments: