Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Exercise session of bliss!

It does feel very decadent to do daytime exercise before having done any work (I am really not an early riser, not practical to try for such) - but I really haven't been exercising enough, and I really have been working a bit too much - the thing is, the work WILL get done, there are hard external obligations, whereas if I leave exercise until the end of the day, I am often genuinely too tired (not too tired like too lazy, too tired like my body won't be able to absorb training and it will probably tip me over into getting another respiratory infection!).

SO that is why I am so excited about these new small-group classes at the gym - they're free, but you have to preregister - and many of them take place 9:30am weekdays, which is not a time strenuous classes are usually scheduled. I had a most lovely time, I must say - there were four of us, we did lots of things in the "sandbox" (beach volleyball court) - walking lunges with various medicine-ball things, squats, pushups, bits of sprinting, etc. My friend N. from Gerald's old Beast class was there, it was really nice to see her & to have the camaraderie of that kind of small group.

Then I ran home, very slowly and very THIRSTILY - I had gotten really dehydrated (only drank a couple inches of water during class - was running a bit late and grabbed near-empty bottle from locker), and had comical thwarting in search for fluids - the vending machine at the Intrepid pier did not want to take my dollars or card - water fountains are still off for winter - I figured I could drink some water from bathroom sinks at 72nd St. tennis courts, but there was a sign on the door saying it was closed while they worked on water lines - finally at the 79th St. boat basin I found a machine that would take my dollars! Gatorade flavors were all sold out, but I got a bottle of seltzer, turned off my watch and walked until I'd drunk it all - that was beneficial. Then went back on the clock to jog the rest of the way home.

:45 boot camp
:10 stretch
:51:22 jog (c. 4.8mi)

No comments: