Saturday, March 8, 2014

DAY OF BLISS!

The other main kind of Day of Bliss I have is when I write quota pretty easily before lunchtime, but this was a super Exercise Day of Bliss - I made it possible by taking yesterday largely off as well, I have clearly been working much too hard. Trying not to let the success go to my head - really I have eight more fairly demanding weeks (ten depending on how you count it), can't go crazy with this stuff, but it felt pretty good to get in a full morning's session and especially to RUN OUTSIDE IN SHORT SLEEVES!

Ran most of the way down to Chelsea Piers, but realized in the 50s that I hadn't left early enough and that I was going to be quite late to spin class - got off the path in the 40s and took a cab for the last 1-and-a-bit miles, which felt like a cop out but which had me running into class just a couple minutes late rather than actually ten minutes late, which is less acceptable! Then did double spin (got off bike between to refill water bottles and eat half a Clif bar). So not really three hours altogether, but 9-12 inclusive with some interruptions:

:45 run (c. 4mi)
:50 spin
:55 spin

for total :45 run, 1:55 spin

Tomorrow I will just go to hot yoga (I have matinee tickets in the afternoon). But I also just found out about the details of a new program they're doing at Chelsea Piers - I saw my "membership consultant" to get some more guest passes and ask about registering for a few of these small-group classes they're offering. I was delighted to learn that in fact, though you preregister online, these classes are FREE to full members - it provides accountability without costing extra - this is super, I am going to try at least one out this coming week....

No comments: