Monday, March 3, 2014

Hot yoga!

Yoga totally turned my day around - I was having a terribly frazzled morning (only slept about 4 hours, got up at 6:30 to deal with letters of recommendation and similar before 9am meeting, etc. etc.), nearly had complete meltdown while metaphorically wrestling with scanned PDFs and the Courseworks system (first my iPad wouldn't do what I wanted it to, then I crashed the ancient Windows machine in the office - mercifully when I came home, it was all doable on my 'real' computer, but we just switched to a new email system and everything like downloading PDF attachments seems to work a bit differently than before). By the time I'd done all this, time was tight to get to midday spin downtown, and I also still felt as though the least possible thing going amiss would potentially make me burst into tears, so I figured it would be wise to go to nearby soothing hot yoga instead. I had a good spot - the teacher left the window open a crack after opening it in the middle of class, it was much cooler than usual!

The end of last week was a disaster for exercise. I was exhausted, I was working very hard and I also had a sort of revival of bronchitis - it was almost gone on Thursday, but it got much worse again over the weekend (I blame cold air!). Not all better today, but mostly so.

Now I really am going to go back to bed, I think, before regrouping for evening work. Only this week and next week, then it's spring break - I don't have many days off as I have to go to a conference, but it will give me a nice breather, and I also have a merciful breather this week with regard to a canceled committee meeting that will save me something like 10-15 hours of reading time as well - phew, might actually be able to get some of the other things on my list done!

1.5hr hot yoga

No comments: