Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hot yoga!

Incomparably better than yesterday - I was in a better frame of mind, the room was perhaps slightly less hot, or else I am just getting better acclimated. Where yesterday I felt like the whole standing sequence was just on the wrong side of intolerable (HOT!), today it flowed smoothly and seemed to me something that gives you a mental boost rather than exacting a toll...

Really lovely dinner afterwards downtown with G. We had wine and cheese at the loft first (I am not a wine person, really I only drink a very narrow band of whites, but G. knows exactly what I like and broke out a Vouvray of SUPREME DELICIOUSNESS), then a sublimely good dinner at Lure: possibly the best cocktail I have ever had, the (tastelessly?) named Red Sea (vodka, pomegranate seeds, hibiscus, fresh lemon juice and "local honey" [! - but I am a SUCKER for local honey, it's one of my favorite things]), then the sushi combination platter and a very delicious dessert, butterscotch pot de creme (the dessert menu is made up by someone who sees chocolate as more central to the realm of sweets than I do - there was an ice-cream sandwich option I was very tempted to try too).

1.5hr hot yoga

No comments: