Friday, January 2, 2015

Spin and NO run, alas!

Yesterday's run now has to go down as "5/5," which is not very impressive as run streaks go. I think all I can really do is try and run 5-6 days a week for the rest of the month, the rest of the semester, the rest of the year: I had some schedule uncertainties and complexities today that ate up the pre- and post-spin bit where I might have run (I still did have the 15 minutes beforehand, but people were using the sand volleyball court, running shoes were back in my locker and I decided it was more to the point to go up to the spin studio and have a longer warmup and start class properly on time).

Long day out of the house has now almost erased my memory of what I thought and felt earlier, but: legs had NOTHING after yesterday's workout! I was toiling but could barely get HR up to top of Friel zone 2 (did manage to do it later in the workout with high-cadence moderate gear workout, but couldn't push heavy gears hard enough to get out of zone 2). Yesterday's workout was demanding, both the spin and the sand intervals! I felt very good by the end of the workout today, but a couple hours later was subjectively feeling so tired that I was almost ready to sit down and WEEP - I still have some restorative work to do before I am in real work mode, alas. (For fitness and for writing.)

Did manage to get a change of clothes and winter coat into my locker so that I can run down to Chelsea Piers tomorrow with only small trail-running pack with Kindle, wallet, keys. Will prob. then only do 1hr spin as I do not need more than 2hr exercise and ALSO they have converted 11am (and a lot of other slots on the schedule) to the dreaded "Rhythm Ride" - non-cyclists' workout, with pushups and the dreaded "running on the pedals"!

1hr spin!

No comments: