Friday, August 21, 2015

Bench!

Ah, life would be meaningless if I ALWAYS could just do as I pleased and spend every morning having expensive and decadent exercise sessions - but certainly it is a good way to boost morale now and again, work obligations notwithstanding. (What I have really done too much of with morning time this week is WASTE IT READING THINGS ON THE INTERNET - this needs to change....)

Anyway rode bike down to Chelsea Piers and had a lovely upper-body workout with Josh. We were doing board press at something like 5 x 3 x 130 - at least in theory, I should be able to press more than that (the range of motion is narrower, but it's the harder part of the lift). It is irrational, but I am very happy to think that I am coming close to being able to do "plated" work sets on the bench! (For the uninitiated, the bar is 45lb, and though plates come in different sizes it's the 45-pounders that really get called and considered "plates" - like, "Plate it!") Then some narrow-grip work, triceps, lats.

I really like riding this bicycle - it is genuinely relaxing, and a good way of having some low-stress low-level aerobic exercise added to the week. I am going to be in Cayman for the triathlon weekend in November, and I'm toying with the idea of registering for the sprint triathlon - the Olympic distance will really be more than I want to do (brutal run in heat with no acclimation), but the sprint could be fun....

1hr upper body
10mi bike

No comments: