Saturday, August 29, 2015

Long run!

Ah, this run made me happy. (With proviso that I am still going so slowly it hardly counts as a run, but we will ignore that for the nonce!)

I had 90 minutes on the schedule. It was hot again today, and I didn't get out early, so I waited till dusk, which actually suits me well as long as I have not had an overly taxing day (which I did not). The 45 minutes out was a bit of a slog - my calves were very tight, and that sore spot in my right lower back was bothering me right away. I made a deal with myself that I could take walk intervals on the way back, and it was a good idea - did 4:1 jog-walk on the way home, the calves by that point were feeling much more normal and it gives the back a bit of relief. Stopped the clock at the 79th St. boat basin on the way back and got a Gatorade - NECTAR OF THE GODS....

Anyway, 90min easy with 45 straight and 45 as 4:1. Woo-hoo!

No comments: