Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Bike/bench

Ah, that was perhaps cumulatively a little too much. I was feeling rather poorly all day - hard to break it down in terms of travel fatigue/jet lag versus just NYC being MUCH TOO HOT. Had already way overheated meeting an old friend and her family for lunch at the Museum of Natural History (hot subway platforms are the worst - I found myself thinking that Bikram experience leads me to conclude that the platform temps when it's 90F outside must be very close to the Bikram-recommended 105F...), thought I'd ride my bike to the gym to avoid more mass transit. But the ride down was just INCREDIBLY hot (it's very sunny), and I was overheated even before the workout began...

... which is just to say it passed in a bit of a daze! I can't even quite say what my work set was - 4 x 8 x 105, maybe? - and misc. other stuff. Also, note to self - EAT CALORIES AFTER WORKOUT if you're riding bike home! Otherwise I feel like I am about to burst into tears with every minor bicycle-related interaction....

Anyway, it's a solid workout - 1+hr upper body, 10mi bike. I think the temperatures are supposed to be a little cooler for the rest of the week, which is helpful - I'd like to run for an hour tomorrow if I can get my act together!

No comments: