Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gym workout

A nice one with M. this morning. Medium effort-level, still a little too short on sleep to go all out. It's amazing how much better I feel at the end than at the beginning, though.

The usual stuff, some good planks and crunches of various kinds, squats and lunges and so forth. We've been doing these one-leg deadlifts that I think are very good, just with a ten-pound dumbbell--it makes it more of a balance exercise and less strictly strength-based, you can really feel all the calf and ankle muscles straining to keep you upright...

All the ARC machines were occupied when I got there, so I warmed up on the bike instead for ten minutes, and contemplated some creative equivocation by which I could count that ten minutes as an actual bike workout, thereby clawing my way back to 30-in-30-related respectability by means fair or foul. However I decided that this was beyond the bounds of acceptable behavior, I'll just have to figure out which days will make sense for doubles...

No comments: