Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gym workout

It is amazing how much better I feel at the end of an hour working out with M.--I was a little worried about whether I was actually just too tired and overwhelmed to take advantage of its benefits, but fortunately that was not the case...

I am going to indulge myself one day next week in a long lavish post about goals for 2008, but the real essential truth of the matter is that my one huge goal for 2008 is to take better care of myself and calm down a bit. This includes things like hydration, really I do not drink enough water, but the main thing is to figure out how to sleep a bit more & not let myself get into such a state about things. I have really overextended myself this last few months, and the worst thing about the state I'm in is that I have nobody to blame for it but myself. It's like when you're on a machine at the gym and it seems too easy and you turn up the resistance higher and higher and then all of a sudden you're staggering and can barely pedal or stay on the treadmill or whatever.

There's a fatal lag time--I feel something lacking (often already a sign of overwork), I pile on more activities, I pile on even more activities because I'm feeling the strain and more work initially seems like a panacea, and then the next thing you know it is absolutely too much and a complete disaster. But I do not actually enjoy being in a state of frenzy, and I am going to devote more brainpower to figuring out how to make some of this stop, or at least moderate its baleful influence...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MBI!!!

Brent Buckner said...

There's this piece of technology called a _daily planner_....
;-)