Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Run/core

I took yesterday off from exercise - I didn't get much more than 3 hours sleep (which I had to remedy with a later-morning nap), and to my chagrin I realized that I was coming down with another lung ailment of some sort. This one's minor - my lungs still feel a bit raw, but a little better than yesterday, and I don't think I'm going to get really sick or anything.

Did 30 mins. on the treadmill along the lines of this workout, only with 2 stints of increasing speed rather than one (I think that otherwise it will only suit those who run really fast!): 2 x 1 min. consecutively at 6.0mph, 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0. Really I would think I should be able to get up to 9.0 at least - I will make that a modest short-term goal. It is definitely a different workout than doing one minute hard, one minute easy...

Then I filled in time with 20 mins. easy cardio and went to the 8:30 core strength class, which is very good. I was tempted to go to spinning afterwards, but breakfast was calling and I thought I should let the lungs see how they did with morning exercise before inflicting another stint on them.

No comments: