Monday, February 15, 2010

SBR

It was an authentic and mildly exhilarating swim-bike-run day, though I think Lauren and I were both slightly sheepish about how little running we felt like doing after we had already swum and biked!

Swim now seems an eon ago - what was it? I warmed up before Lauren got there (we were in adjacent spots in two separate lanes) with 100 free, 50 breast, 100 free, 50 back, 100 free, 50 fly drill; then 100 RA LA catch-up free, 50 free, 50 6-3-6.

The proposed main set (proposed by me!) was instead of doing a long straight swim, but with similar pace/effort - 6 x 50, 3 x 100, 1 x 300, 3 x 100, 6 x 50 allowing (for me - YMMV - I think Lauren was doing 1:40) 2:00/100. I stopped in the middle of the second set of hundreds - lifeguard was giving a lesson in the other part of my lane, but in the meantime spots had opened up and he asked if I'd mind moving. I lost my momentum, Lauren was already finished and it really was time to go and get changed for spin class!

(1800 yards total.)

A very sweaty and strenuous hour-long indoor cycle, then 1.5 miles run @ 10:00 pace. We finished a bit faster - we were desperate to be done! You know you have had a good workout when the orange vitamin water you are swilling in between biking and running tastes like NECTAR OF THE GODS.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

triaspirational.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

Today is my lucky day :)
Apple is giving review copies of iPad to 100 lucky person. Go to http://bit.ly/d9QOON and apply for it.

ShirleyPerly said...

Way to go on your tri! I hope to do something similar today and taste the nectar :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear John,

For long time I use this free software: [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]FLV to MP3 free converter[/url].

FLV to MP3 free converter is a free YouTube, MegaVideo, iFilm and similar video sites to MP3 Converter and allows you to convert a video to MP3 file.

This software is fast, free, and requires no signup. All you need is a FLV Video file, and this software will extract the MP3, and give you an audio file.

So you are able to listen to your favorite YouTube tracks on every MP3 player.

You can download it for free at [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]www.freeflvtomp3converter.com[/url].

I hope this help you.