Sunday, February 19, 2017

Back at it!

Oh dear, that was the longest spell off running that I've had for quite a while - I was feeling sick enough that I didn't even miss it, honestly (and have been walking a lot regardless, so not having true exercise/fresh-air deprivation - prob 6-8K a day minimum, so really that's respectable!). Saw the doctor Tuesday, got antibiotics and steroids for tender lungs, mostly better now though still rather raw/tender as I jogged up hills, so I'll continue to be very cautious. This park near me is extraordinarily beautiful, and the weather is perfect: en route home, stopped at the little local bar for a small mozzarella and prosciutto sandwich, cappuccino and sparkling water, wondering why everything seemed so terribly confusing when I first got here and now feels quite manageable!

David has written me a very sensible schedule for the week, with short runs and a tactical full rest day - this is good. Hoping to get to a yoga class soon too, maybe tomorrow?

:40 easy

No comments: