Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Session #20

My last session with Carla.

It has been very good working with her - I still need to crack down on unhealthy eating (November and December were pretty terrible that way, given a lot of travel and a lot of visitors - restaurant meals galore...), but I feel like I've made a good start on rebuilding lost fitness.

We started out with some fairly demanding boot-camp-style stuff, since I had sent her the link for the 8-week boot camp class ("The Beast") I am going to do at Chelsea Piers starting on Jan. 17. (More description here.) I'm signed up for the 7am class MFW, which will be a bit of a strain on the system but which is the best way to make it happen. I am ready to work very hard!

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Boot camp classes are killer for people like us I think. You think you are in decent shape and then they make you do things that are so unlike running, biking, and swimming, that you begin to doubt you were ever in shape to begin with. I just went to one last night, and I'm still reeling from how hard it was. I think I will go back though - the instructor and the class and the group were non-intimidating, which is something that has been a problem for me in the past with boot camp classes!

Black Knight said...

Work... what a terrible word after Christmas time!
Re: I am sure you will get the Boston qualifying time in the marathon. I have a good program to get it with 4 weekly workouts without speed-works, if you want I can send it to you by e-mail.
It worked for me.
Have a good week end.