Saturday, January 1, 2011

Saturday bike!

On the principle of starting the year as I mean to go on, and due to the blessed fact that traffic is much, much lighter than usual due to the holiday, I went out this afternoon for an honest-to-god real bike ride! I have done this ride before with others, but never by myself, so it is a nice little (very minor) milestone to mark the beginning of the riding year. I have to ride a lot this year...

I rode out to Bodden Town (turned around at the Texaco station there, at the 1-hour mark); it was somewhat arduous, due to heat and headwind, but not unpleasantly so, and the ride back was much quicker, with the wind at my tail and a slightly faster alternate route for the last bit of the ride when I missed the usual turnoff.

It was a genuinely enjoyable ride!...

1:44:24, 25.73 miles, avg. speed 14.8mph, avg. HR 139, max. HR 149

2 comments:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Yay for getting out on the bike! Here's to a bike happiness filled New Years!

Black Knight said...

A good way to begin a new year. I don't bike anymore I am too scared (the motor bike incident is always in my mind).
Happy new year.