Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday swim

A nice one, too - I am certainly swimming pretty slowly, but it is good to be back in the pool.

(Really it was a great morning - I had breakfast and coffee in the cafe at Chelsea Piers and wrote the day's quota on the novel draft, then swam, then stopped at Chelsea Market for a bit of sushi and took the subway back uptown. Gotta get my act together for my 2:40 lecture now - it's the opening class, better start with a bang! It is one of my few regrets about my New York life that I live so far uptown; I live in faculty housing that is considerably cheaper and more spacious than anything I could find on the open market in Manhattan or large swatches of Brooklyn, but if I could choose any neighborhood to live in and money were no object, I would be living in the west 20s, so Chelsea Piers is a particularly good home away from home.)

Warmup: 200 free, 100 IM kick, 200 free, 100 IM drill, 200 free, 100 IM swim

6 x 150, odds IM no free and evens free

(This was strenuous!)

100 drill-swim by 25 (finger-drag)
100 easy back

2000 yards total

No comments: