Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday swim-spin

I did something very sensible and turned off the alarm when it went off at 5 (I had an unrealistic plan for an early-morning workout BEFORE my workout with Lauren) and reset it for 9. There really are times when it is NOT a good idea to get up when the alarm goes off; I have been pretty lethally fatigued this week and clearly needed to get a real night of sleep, not just the token thing that usually passes for sleep round here!

We met up at 10 at Chelsea Piers and did 30 mins. in the pool and then a second stab at the hour-long interval workout I flaked out on yesterday. It is great having the company, it felt much easier because of conversation and less fatigue - but also, I realize to my chagrin now that I'm at home, because I was misremembering my zone 3 cycling numbers (thought it was 134-138, really it is 144-148), which means that I was only doing ZONE TWO intervals!

Arghhhh, I am idiot - but it was a good-faith effort, and I suppose the dividing line between high zone 2 and zone 3 is not hard and fast. I was certainly breathing hard and sweating a lot, so it was good for something, anyway...

1100 yards swim (500 warmup free with every fourth length stroke [alternating breast and fly drill], 4 x 100 free drill-swim by 25 [fists, front scull, catch-up, thumbs-and-salute], 100 IM drill, 100 IM swim)

1hr. spin with 6 x 4 min. hard (high zone 2), 1 min. easy

No comments: