Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TNYA workout!

Actually it was very fun, I don't know why I haven't been going this semester - Tuesday evening is my favorite of the 4 Columbia TNYA workouts, and I had a very delightful surprise when I saw that my dear friend Liz (who does not usually swim up here) was leading the lane!

I was goofing around a bit, and it was also a goofy workout, so a lot of these details are necessarily approximate:

Warmup: c. 300 yards (truncated)

5 x 50 fly-free on 1:05

6 x 75 back-breast-back on 1:40

6 x 100 breast-free-breast-free on 2:30 with flip turns (skipped one of these?)

400 pull freestyle on 8:00 (took my pull buoy off after the first 50 when I saw how far behind I was getting and skipped a 50, but I let a couple folks go fast later on too, so I don't think I could have done more than 300)

6 x 50 fly-free in theory as :20, :40 but it is not a realistic interval for our lane - let's just say that I did five of the six in a desperate scramble not to get too far behind!

2050 yards total (?)

Resolved: try and attend at least two practices per week between now and the end of June!

No comments: