Friday, August 19, 2011

Postscript

Nice little race on the agenda for Sunday! I did it last year, and am not exaggerating when I say that I was by far the slowest rider out there: friend M. and Brent and I rode together until M. was overwhelmed by heat and had to stop at the Bodden Town Texaco and wait for us to finish riding and then drive back to pick him up. So really it will just be indistinguishable from a regular long ride for me, but it will be fun - it's beautiful out there riding the East End loop, and much less traffic than you get at this end of the island. I wouldn't have bothered with it, only Brent has been roped in as a volunteer, so I might as well hitch a ride in the SUV and do my whole ride out there rather than as an out-and-back with more traffic hassle...

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Any race with the word "wall" n the description is one I want to avoid!