Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Stroke and stride #2

It is such a nice little race, I really enjoy it! This week, a 600m swim (very rough seas, and an aggressive current on the way out to the buoy), 2 mile run. Did not feel nearly so overheated this week: partly I've gained a bit of acclimation, but mostly it was just that I wasn't desperately trying to inflate buoys with an underpowered hand pump in the 45 minutes before the race - last week I really was significantly overheated even before the race started.

Here is coverage in the local paper of last week's race: Courtis and Acker were neck-and-neck this week as I saw them on my outgoing run leg, I do not know what the outcome was! (And here's another report from Coach Jerry Harper, an excellent fixture of the local racing scene.)

600m swim (c. 15 mins., it was challenging!), 2mi run (pace c. 10:29, avg HR 162, max HR 177 - I sprinted at the finish, that is well into zone 5 - I use 188 as my running max)

No comments: