Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Run-swim

Had a very ambitious plan for 1hr run, 1hr swim, but ended up sensibly truncating it! It involved running to the Ritz, turning around and running past Brent's condo and then about 2.5 miles to Sunset House, swimming 2K there, then walking the 2.5 miles home; but as I passed Brent's condo, the invisible bungee cord that connects me to home tugged at me, I thought about how hot I already was and that if I kept on going, I was looking at 2 more hours outside - and I turned tail for home! Just swam 10 mins. of drill in the irregularly shaped pool at Brent's condo, then came home and showered and cooled down. Will try and get a few more good swims in, but I think I'll have to save the early morning hours for a straight run - I was out the door around six, not quite as early as I'd hoped, and it is brutally hot once the sun is up....

52min run, 10min swim

1 comment:

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Man, I'm glad I don't live somewhere I have to be out the door that early for even an hour run!