Saturday, May 18, 2013

The puddle club

Spinervals 42.0: Quads on Fire. I like this one, though I really have to do it at lower effort levels than Coach Troy recommends. I did the first long intervals at top of zone 3/zone 4 and found myself questioning my motivation to stay on the bike, so I eased off for the next set!

2 x 12min z3/4, 2:00 recovery

2 x 8min z3, 1:30 recovery

2 x 6min z3/4, 1:00 recovery

3 x 1:00 all out, 1:00 recovery

1.5hr

Total volume for the week (really five days, as I skipped Thursday altogether and probably won't do anything tomorrow after I get to London, barring perhaps a bit of a walk or an easy run), just over 7.5hr - not great, but acceptable. I had imagined having a large-volume week, but the combination of coming off the respiratory ailment plus need to finish book manuscript limited my ability to get it done; I think the transition from NYC to Cayman also takes a while to get used to (really there are great opportunities here for fitness, but my New York routine is a little easier and more comfortable). I rather wish I was just flying HOME now, but since I am going to another country, it is very nice that B. is coming with me!

No comments: