Monday, April 7, 2008

Monday catch-up

Well, it was a lovely recovery week, that's the fact of the matter. I did half an hour of mostly just core stuff on Saturday and had a very pleasant run with Brent Sunday early evening: in his idiom, 1.0hr. run (zone 2); in mine, 5.8 miles, avg HR 153, avg pace 10:10! We went south along the river--very windy on the way back, I like it, it makes me feel like I am having an adventure...

And a good gym workout with M. this morning. I was feeling a little groggy due to having got up very early and then fallen back to sleep, but it was a very solid and enjoyable workout in any case--that hour flies by.

My favorite exercise today was a kind of one-legged crunch on the stability ball: one foot is planted on the ground, and as you do your crunches you raise the other leg up with your upper body and lower it when you come down(but never quite touching the ground). That is a good one, all those one-legged things are very useful...

2 comments:

Spokane Al said...

I also like those one-legged exercises. I have added one-legged squats to my routine and after I mastered the balancing part of the exercise it seems to have helped.

Unknown said...

You know, you do laconic very well! ;-)

Glad you had a good run and worthwhile session with M.