Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saturday run

8.25 miles, c. 11-minute pace.

It's warm out there: there was a nice breeze, but it's still eighty degrees even at 8:30pm!

ARGHHHHH!

I was not wearing my HR monitor (really I know how to pace based on effort, and I thought I would for once spare myself the chafing a.k.a. HR monitor stripe, like a sort of racing stripe around the ribcage), but I must confess that on a hot hilly run like this one it might be I should even go a little slower. I walked a couple bits to get better hydration, I didn't stop the watch at traffic lights, and I think the footpod also measures a little short; I would guess that I was running more like 10:40 most of the time, but that I should nudge it even a little slower in coming weeks as the long run gets longer. Because this was indeed Long Run #1 at the end of week 1 of marathon training!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's a fellow who swims with his HRM in the middle lane of lap swims. I have no idea how he does it!