Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Run, lift

I did run earlier but I must not have logged it - was in a bit of a hurry to make sure I wrote quota before needing to leave to meet my mother. Thirty minutes easy. Just got home from absolutely lovely lifting session at the gym! I love this sport so much, I have to keep doing it - this trainer is amazing.

Work sets: deadlift, 4 x 4 @ 80kg; bench, 4 x 4 @ 42.5kg

A few other minor things, but henceforth I will do the warmup mobility stuff on my own so that we can have the whole hour for work. Wrote it down so that I would remember properly, and have obtained band and ball (wide green band).

(1) use lacrosse ball on glutes
(2) hip openers (45-60 seconds in each hold on each side, moving around a little):
(a) band from rack around back leg just below hip, tuck hips under;
(b) rotate 90 degrees (to the R for left leg, to the left for R), move back and forth from midline;
(c) banded back leg comes forward, arms to lizard pose, back knee raised and back foot flexed on ground
(3) downward dog/cobra, downward dog/half pigeon, 3x each

No comments: