Monday, February 9, 2009

BLISS bliss bliss bliss bliss bliss

Well, that was certainly a very nice run!

I had some trepidation this morning about whether it was really a good idea to meet up with C. at noon as planned, but strange to say, though I am definitely having some twinges on actual PARTS (sore spot on upper left foot, slightly sore knees, tight muscles in lower right calf), my leg muscles are not all sore today - they feel nice and springy and relaxed! Very mysterious - perhaps it is delayed onset & tomorrow will be worse...

At any rate, it is the most beautiful day in the world for a run. I woke up at an ungodly early hour, more than an hour before the alarm was due to go off, and grudgingly and grumpily got up, but it was for the best, I graded papers & wrote my lecture & sorted out various other work things and then met C. with a CLEAN CONSCIENCE.

(I am feeling much better than I was on Thursday and Friday - I still haven't gotten much sleep, and in retrospect I really feel I must have had some kind of a low-level virus, it was beyond regular tiredness.)

Didn't track times for the run over and back, but we did 3 times the upper loop (1.42 on Coach Mindy's map - she did all her measurements with a pedometer for maximum accuracy!) at what felt like a pretty comfortable pace (it isn't easy, because it's a serious hill, but I figured we shouldn't go crazy, I really don't want to get injured this close to the race). That was 41:19, 9:40 pace - slowish but still respectable given the hills...

6+ miles

No comments: