Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thursday run/core

Entirely satisfactory morning workout session. I am increasingly certain that the only way to make the sleep regimen work is basically to have at least an hour of exercise first thing in the morning soon after I get up...

5 slow warm treadmill miles
45 mins. core strength class (+LB)

I have to start doing faster treadmill miles - the proportions between heat buildup and effort on the treadmill are just very different than they are in the world, I kept it very slow and my HR was only around 140 for most of this run but I was dripping with sweat and completely red in the face and overheated from about 3 minutes in - my heartrate would be easily 15bpm higher than that during a comfortable, not excessively effort-heavy outdoor run on a day of moderate temperature.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like that treadmill running may be akin to running outdoors in FL during the summer. I don't think I could even keep a 140 bpm HR, actually, unless walking.

Unknown said...

Glad it was a good one!