2. Last night I fell into bed at 9pm with all my clothes on and without brushing my teeth and proceeded to sleep for nearly 14 hours.
3. Getting up close to 11 meant that I needed to prioritize work over exercise for midday, thereby writing off the swim class I've been curious to try out at Chelsea Piers. (I will try and get there on Thursday.)
4. I got a good amount of work done at the library in the afternoon, so that's a plus.
5. But I was seriously heel-dragging as the time to get out for a run came upon me - I haven't been running nearly enough - I got my stuff on and headed downstairs, with little vim and vigor...
6. ... and after half a mile, I hit a puddle so deep, so impassable that I stopped and came home again! That is pitiful, I can't remember the last time I stopped running when I was actually out there about to do it - I can't even really blame it on the rain, because though it is certainly quite chilly and rainy it is perfectly reasonable running weather, ponding aside. But I just looked at that puddle and didn't have it in me to go on!
7. I guess I will do a trainer ride later.
8. Since clearly I am on a nocturnal schedule - it is idiotic that I didn't make myself get up earlier this morning, I woke briefly at 7 and 9 but rainy darkness outside made bed seem unleavable. Now I won't be able to go to sleep again until a very late hour!
9. Page-writing has to come before exercise - so if I want to go to midday spin class tomorrow, I have to get up by 8:30...
10. To add insult to injury, I am wearing my very uncomfortable cold-weather compression tights, which means that I cannot even really just lounge around in my running garb, I will have to change again!